WHAT ARE EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
Eyelash extensions are a unique way to extend the length and increase the thickness of your natural lashes. Lash extensions are carefully and meticulously applied to each eyelash for a natural or dramatic look.
HOW LONG WILL EYELASH EXTENSIONS LAST?
There are several factors that affect the longevity of lash extensions.
- How well and thoroughly you follow aftercare instructions
- The length of your natural eyelash growth cycle
- Your skin type and makeup routine
Touch-ups or in-fills are recommended every 2 - 3 weeks after the initial application.
ARE EYELASH EXTENSIONS SAFE?
Eyelash extensions are completely safe when applied properly by a trained professional.
WILL EYELASH EXTENSIONS HURT?
There is no pain involved during the application process or with daily wear of lash extensions. They are virtually weightless, soft and flexible.
ARE EYELASH EXTENSIONS RIGHT FOR ME?
Almost anyone can enjoy eyelash extensions, but if one or more of the following conditions apply to you, you may not be a good candidate for this service.
- You do not follow instructions well and are unable to maintain the aftercare guidelines. If you do not understand the requirements before and after the lash application, this is probably not a service for you.
- You rub your eyes frequently. If you rub your eyes frequently due to allergies, or if rubbing your eyes is just a habit, we do not suggest this service.
- You have highly sensitive skin. We do not recommend lash extensions if you experience irritation around the eye area after using skincare or makeup.
- You are sick or feeling ill. If you have a cold or sinus infection, we suggest waiting to get lash extensions until you are feeling 100% better. Illness plays a large role in poor retention of lash extensions.
- Your natural eyelashes are very curly. If your natural lashes are very curly you are not a good candidate for extensions. Curly lashes tend to dramatically shorten the wear time of lash extensions.
- You do not have natural eyelashes. If you do not have natural lashes, you will be unable to wear extensions. Extensions must be placed on the natural eyelash, not directly on the skin. Consider using a different form of eyelash treatments.
A general rule of thumb to enjoy and properly maintain eyelash extensions is: the less you touch them, the longer they will last.
HOW LONG WILL THE EYELASH EXTENSION SERVICE TAKE?
Please see the SERVICES section located in the links bar for application times and prices.
CAN I WEAR MASCARA WITH MY EXTENSIONS?
It is best NOT to wear mascara on your lash extensions. Keeping your lashes clean and free of buildup will optimize wear time. One of the many great benefits of lash extensions is the immediate, dramatic thickening and darkening of the lash line, eliminating the need for mascara all together.
HOW DO I FIND OUT IF THE SERVICE IS DONE BY A HIGHLY TRAINED PROFESSIONAL WHO IS LICENSED?
Do your research. Ask questions. Educate yourself. It is extremely important to know if a lash stylist is licensed and properly trained. Be sure the stylist provides authentic before and after pictures that clearly show their work. Lastly, seek referrals from a trusted friend or family member.